How East Cambridgeshire children kept fit and healthy over the week-long half term holidays
For some, the half term school holidays are an opportunity to sit back and relax, but these children in East Cambridgeshire used the time to keep fit and active.
A series of workshops organised by All4Sports kept dozens of children in the region healthy with activities from drama, swimming, camping and outdoor survival classes.
Launched in 2009, All4Sports provides schools, preschools and nurseries with workshops to keep school children and under 5s active.
Children took part in a ‘forest school’ two-day workshop at Downham Feoffees Primary Academy, a two-day swimming workshop in Witchford and a five-day holiday camp at The Isle of Ely Primary School.
A spokesman for All4Sports said: “The children enjoyed two days of outside activity at the ‘forest school’ workshops.”
You may also want to watch:
Activities included making bird houses, making mud pies and climbing trees whilst enjoying popcorn, marshmallows and hot chocolate cooked on the camp fire.
The spokesman added: “Due to the fabulous feedback from parents of children who attended the swimming lessons, All4sports will be arranging additional sessions which will be available very soon.”
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos