Ely health ‘superhub’ form group to contribute to plans
- Credit: Archant
A new superhub in Ely where health and care services are offered on one site is looking to form a group of supporters.
The Princess of Wales Hospital is being developed by the local NHS into a place where lots of different health services are offered at one base.
Residents are being asked to share their experiences, opinions and to advise on the development.
The group will decide how best to work with the hospital and local NHS commissioners to redesign the hospital site and its services.
A Healthwatch Cambridgeshire spokesperson said “It is really important that people from the Ely area have an opportunity to contribute to these plans and say what they think is needed.”
You may also want to watch:
What members will do
• Help to improve local health and care services.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
• Take part in the new Ely Community Superhub programme.
• Be involved in shaping patient involvement across Ely.
The skills needed
• A broad understanding of the NHS and its structure.
• An interest in using your voice, on behalf of local people, to influence change.
• The ability to work as part of a group.
• An understanding of the need for confidentiality.
Anyone who is interested should contact Barbara Creed on email@example.com or call 07970 293769.