Health and Happiness Day is a hit at Ely Country Park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds visited Ely Country Park at the weekend for the city’s first Health and Happiness Day.
Hosted by the East Cambridgeshire Health and Wellbeing Partnership, the day featured demonstrations and guidance from local businesses and organisations to encourage people to make positive impacts on their health.
Councillor Joshua Schumann, chairman, said: “We are thrilled with the turn out for this year’s event and that there are so many people who are interested in making steps to a healthier and happier way of life.
“The passion from partners and organisations involved shows the vast array of quality services available to residents.
“I hope that those who visited the event will be spurred on to set their own health ambitions and take up the opportunity to use some of our stallholders.”
You may also want to watch:
Jazzercise, korfball and a climbing wall were some of the activities on the day, alongside a selection of healthy food and drink stalls.
The Ely Hereward Rotary Club also ran a stall testing people’s blood pressure, taking the blood pressure of 42 people, and distributing advice leaflets supplied by the Stroke Association.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations