Health and Happiness Day is a hit at Ely Country Park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds visited Ely Country Park at the weekend for the city’s first Health and Happiness Day.
Hosted by the East Cambridgeshire Health and Wellbeing Partnership, the day featured demonstrations and guidance from local businesses and organisations to encourage people to make positive impacts on their health.
Councillor Joshua Schumann, chairman, said: “We are thrilled with the turn out for this year’s event and that there are so many people who are interested in making steps to a healthier and happier way of life.
“The passion from partners and organisations involved shows the vast array of quality services available to residents.
“I hope that those who visited the event will be spurred on to set their own health ambitions and take up the opportunity to use some of our stallholders.”
You may also want to watch:
Jazzercise, korfball and a climbing wall were some of the activities on the day, alongside a selection of healthy food and drink stalls.
The Ely Hereward Rotary Club also ran a stall testing people’s blood pressure, taking the blood pressure of 42 people, and distributing advice leaflets supplied by the Stroke Association.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Ely City coach excited to return ahead of charity cup farewell