Health and Happiness Day is a hit at Ely Country Park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds visited Ely Country Park at the weekend for the city’s first Health and Happiness Day.
Hosted by the East Cambridgeshire Health and Wellbeing Partnership, the day featured demonstrations and guidance from local businesses and organisations to encourage people to make positive impacts on their health.
Councillor Joshua Schumann, chairman, said: “We are thrilled with the turn out for this year’s event and that there are so many people who are interested in making steps to a healthier and happier way of life.
“The passion from partners and organisations involved shows the vast array of quality services available to residents.
“I hope that those who visited the event will be spurred on to set their own health ambitions and take up the opportunity to use some of our stallholders.”
You may also want to watch:
Jazzercise, korfball and a climbing wall were some of the activities on the day, alongside a selection of healthy food and drink stalls.
The Ely Hereward Rotary Club also ran a stall testing people’s blood pressure, taking the blood pressure of 42 people, and distributing advice leaflets supplied by the Stroke Association.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years