Councils to provide free school meal vouchers during half term
- Credit: ARCHANT
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council will be providing vouchers to all children who usually receive free school meals, for use during February half term.
The £15 supermarket vouchers will be issued automatically by February 12 ready for use during the half-term week.
Vouchers will be sent by email and text message to parents/carers.
Eligibility criteria for vouchers
Children will be automatically issued with free school meal vouchers if the parent/carer receive any of the following:
You may also want to watch:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Vouchers will be provided to families via the council's winter grant scheme.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 3 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 7 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 8 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
If parents/carers do not wish to receive a food voucher, let your school know as soon as possible so the council can reallocate the voucher to someone else in need.