Cambridgeshire rises to Covid booster challenge
- Credit: G's
The team behind Cambridgeshire's Covid-19 booster vaccination programme has increased vaccines delivered by 60 per cent within three days of the Prime Minister's announcement.
Dr Gary Howsam, chair of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and local GP, said: “Being able to increase the number of vaccines delivered by 60% in the first three days after the Prime Minister’s announcement is a phenomenal effort from everyone working on the programme.
"Even better news is that our local people are booking these slots to get boosted.
“I want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone involved – our GPs, pharmacists, hospital hubs, large scale vaccination centres, teams vaccinating our housebound patients, volunteers, local authorities and our CCG for pulling together to rapidly accelerate our booster programme.
“We will be ramping up even further over the coming days, so I would encourage people who haven’t yet got an appointment booked to look on the National Booking Service to secure their slot.”
He added that over 90 per cent of people aged 70 and over (who are eligible for their booster) have had their booster in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough already, with thousands of people booked in each day to get vaccinated.
Find out more about the vaccination programme by visiting www.thevaccinators.co.uk
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Or visit the National Booking Service via https://www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or by calling 119 to book your appointment.