'NHS here to help at Easter' ahead of bank holiday weekend
- Credit: YouTube
Health chiefs have reassured residents across Cambridgeshire of what services are on offer over the Easter weekend.
Dr Gary Howsam, chair of NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “The NHS is here to help you this Easter, and you should continue to seek medical treatment if and when you need it.”
The NHS 111 service for urgent medical support will be available, such as those wanting to see a GP, an urgent treatment centre or minor injuries unit, including in Ely.
Pharmacies will also be open on Good Friday and Easter Monday, while some will also open on Easter Sunday to aid with allergies such as hay fever.
Dr Howsam said that those waiting to receive an appointment for their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine should not contact their GP.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If you have a vaccine appointment booked over the coming weeks, whether for your first or second dose, this will remain in place and it’s really important that you attend it as planned.
"Whether you have had the vaccine or not, it’s crucial everyone continues to follow all the guidance in place to control the virus and save lives.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Here’s what services are available across the county:
- NHS 111: NHS 111 is available on the phone and online 24/7 at: https://111.nhs.uk/.
- Pharmacies: A full list of pharmacies can be found here.
- Minor Injury Units (MIU) and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC):
- Ely Minor Injury Unit, Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely, CB6 1DN will be open every day from 8.30am – 6pm (X-ray services Monday – Friday: 9am – 4.45pm)
- Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB. Open every day from 8am-8pm (X-ray services 8am – 8pm)