'NHS here to help at Easter' ahead of bank holiday weekend
- Credit: YouTube
Health chiefs have reassured residents across Cambridgeshire of what services are on offer over the Easter weekend.
Dr Gary Howsam, chair of NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “The NHS is here to help you this Easter, and you should continue to seek medical treatment if and when you need it.”
The NHS 111 service for urgent medical support will be available, such as those wanting to see a GP, an urgent treatment centre or minor injuries unit, including in Ely.
Pharmacies will also be open on Good Friday and Easter Monday, while some will also open on Easter Sunday to aid with allergies such as hay fever.
Dr Howsam said that those waiting to receive an appointment for their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine should not contact their GP.
He added: “If you have a vaccine appointment booked over the coming weeks, whether for your first or second dose, this will remain in place and it’s really important that you attend it as planned.
"Whether you have had the vaccine or not, it’s crucial everyone continues to follow all the guidance in place to control the virus and save lives.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Here’s what services are available across the county:
- NHS 111: NHS 111 is available on the phone and online 24/7 at: https://111.nhs.uk/.
- Pharmacies: A full list of pharmacies can be found here.
- Minor Injury Units (MIU) and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC):
- Ely Minor Injury Unit, Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely, CB6 1DN will be open every day from 8.30am – 6pm (X-ray services Monday – Friday: 9am – 4.45pm)
- Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB. Open every day from 8am-8pm (X-ray services 8am – 8pm)