Head-butt’ dad’s fury
LITTLEPORT dad Stanley Rainford, who head-butted the man who reprimanded his paper boy son, has been ordered to carry out 120-hours of unpaid community work. Rainford was also ordered to pay £75 compensation to his victim Norman Ferguson, who suffered a b
LITTLEPORT dad Stanley Rainford, who head-butted the man who reprimanded his paper boy son, has been ordered to carry out 120-hours of unpaid community work.
Rainford was also ordered to pay £75 compensation to his victim Norman Ferguson, who suffered a black eye.
He will also pay £75 court costs.
At an earlier hearing before Ely magistrates, 44-year-old Rainford, of Friars Place, Littleport, admitted assaulting Mr Ferguson on February 21.
At that hearing, the court heard how Mr Ferguson had told off Rainford's son for cycling on the path.
Mr Ferguson grabbed the teenager by the collar and was met with verbal abuse - and the youngster said he would get his father to "sort him out".
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 4 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
Rainford then arrived, shouted at Mr Ferguson and head-butted him.
At the earlier hearing, solicitor Jacqui Baldwin said: "Rainford was in bed when he received a phone call from his son's friend, saying a man had got the boy round the throat.
"He was extremely concerned to hear his son was being assaulted, he did not know by who, or for what reason. He went to the scene and saw a man with his hands round his son's neck. In a rash moment he assaulted the victim and the victim received a black eye.