Have your say about The Grange, Littleport housing development plans at ‘drop in’ afternoon
- Credit: Archant
Controversial plans to build 600 houses near The Grange, Littleport will be scrutinised during a drop in session next week.
The proposal, to develop approximately 600 houses, a neighbourhood centre, public open space, employment space and associated infrastructure at land north of The Grange and east of the A10, Littleport, has been met by some criticism.
“Another 600 dwellings? How will Littleport cope?” said one person on social media. “I thought that land was going to be open space for the people of Littleport, not more houses,” added another.
However one person said: “We do need these houses, no doubt about it.
“All new houses sell as soon as they are built - what we must have is the infrastructure to go with it.”
You may also want to watch:
A pre-planning public consultation, run on a ‘drop in’ basis, will be held on Wednesday (April 13) from 3pm to 8pm Millfield Primary School
There will be an exhibition explaining the initial proposals; after viewing it members of the public will be given the opportunity to comment and make suggestions.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
The exhibition panels and an electronic comments form will be available online at www.manoroakhomes.co.uk/grangeIn-littleport from April 14 to 28.