Have you seen Smokey? Cat owner Kelly calls for all pets to be micro-chipped after her cat goes missing in Littleport
A cat owner from Littleport is calling for all pets to be micro-chipped after her cat went missing over two months ago.
Kelly Cousins’ pet cat, Smokey, went missing from the village on September 29 this year.
Smokey, who is two-years-old, has been chipped, but Kelly fears he may have been taken in by a new owner since his disappearance.
“We have knocked on doors, put up posters and contacted the local vets.
“I’ve even set up a Facebook page for lost pets in Littleport as there have been lots of cats going missing in the village.
You may also want to watch:
“Vets really do need to be scanning animals. I fear Smokey may have a new owner now and I want all vets to be scanning as it’s peace of mind for the owners.
“My two children are still very upset and want him home.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
If you have any information on Smokey’s whereabouts, please call Kelly on 07464634075.