Have you seen Smokey? Cat owner Kelly calls for all pets to be micro-chipped after her cat goes missing in Littleport
A cat owner from Littleport is calling for all pets to be micro-chipped after her cat went missing over two months ago.
Kelly Cousins’ pet cat, Smokey, went missing from the village on September 29 this year.
Smokey, who is two-years-old, has been chipped, but Kelly fears he may have been taken in by a new owner since his disappearance.
“We have knocked on doors, put up posters and contacted the local vets.
“I’ve even set up a Facebook page for lost pets in Littleport as there have been lots of cats going missing in the village.
“Vets really do need to be scanning animals. I fear Smokey may have a new owner now and I want all vets to be scanning as it’s peace of mind for the owners.
“My two children are still very upset and want him home.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
If you have any information on Smokey’s whereabouts, please call Kelly on 07464634075.