Have you seen Badgie the cat? Reward is offered for her safe return
A DESPERATE couple from Little Downham have put up a �150 reward for the return of their missing cat, after spending hundreds of hours frantically searching for the feline that escaped from a cattery almost three months ago.
Laura Porter and her partner Daniel Bowman drive for miles every day as they look for their beloved pet Badgie.
“We go out every day looking for her, we have done that every day since we returned from our holiday,” said Laura.
“Our second cat, which also escaped from the cattery, did turn up; and that is what gives us hope that Badgie is out there somewhere.”
The couple’s two cats - Badgie and Bella - did their disappearing act on June 22; escaping through a roof that had been damaged. The couple were in America at the time; and only discovered their pets were missing when they returned home on July 1.
Amazingly, Bella was found on August 10. Laura said: “I spotted her in a field eating a pigeon, while I was driving along. It took us two hours to coax her out. We took her to the vet, but there was nothing wrong with her, although she is still over grooming, due to stress, and she is really missing Badgie.”
There have been various sighting of four-year-old Badgie, who is still missing. On August 18 she was seen in Lynn Road at Littleport, and four days later she was spotted by a woman who feeds stray cats not far from Oak Lane, Littleport.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral
Laura said: “I think she is completely lost; we spend hours looking for her, because we think she has lost her bearings. We feel strongly that we are going to get her back; I am sure she out there somewhere.”
Anyone who has information is asked to contact Laura on 07786986050.