Will you dare visiting the haunted Soham Library on Halloween?
- Credit: Archant
Darkness will descend on Soham Library to reveal its secret side for the first ever haunted house event this Halloween.
Young people and everyone looking for a good fright is welcome to this creative, fun and creepy experience.
The Haunted Library will be open from 5.30pm to 9pm on October 31 and tickets are sold in 15 minute time slots.
Only five customers at a time will be admitted per time slot.
Tickets cost £2 per person and over 12s only are allowed.
It comes as the event evolved from a suggestion received during engagement sessions that were held with the local community over the summer, where people said they wish to see more events tailored for young people at Soham Library.
Sue Wills, Cambridgeshire Library service manager, said: “Our Haunted House is not for the faint of heart.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
“We’ve embraced the community’s suggestion and designed this event to appeal to those who enjoy a fright fest, and to attract those young people who may not usually think of the library as an ‘edgy’ place.
“We’re planning this event as a radical strategy to challenge the perception of library events, and to engage a new audience. Will you dare joining us?”
The library’s partnership with Soham Village College will continue beyond the Haunted House with Soham Village College students ‘taking over the library for the day’ throughout the autumn term. The first of these sessions will take place on November 6.
Information and tickets for the event are available in Soham Library.