Has identity of man who posted homosexual hate leaflets in Ely been revealed?
- Credit: Archant
A Christian minister has spoken out after a man purporting to be a monk admitted to posting leaflets denouncing homosexuals as “vampires” through doors in Ely.
The man, who calls himself Brother Damon Jonah Kelly, wrote to the gay news publication, Pink News, claiming to have leafleted Ely on multiple occasions as well as Cambridge, King’s Lynn and several other towns and cities.
In the letter, Brother Damon Jonah Kelly claims to have been arrested on nine occasions and said that he had brought his 2014 campaign to a “satisfactory conclusion”.
Rev Nick Brown, of the Spiritualist Church, in Littleport, labelled the man’s actions as “totally disgusting”.
He said: “In this day and age I find it totally disgusting and completely counter to the ideals of faith and love of any religion that teaches love and good will.”
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, Cambridgeshire police said they had arrested a 53-year-old man from Northamptonshire on suspicion of a Section 5 public order offence.
The man was bailed until January 20.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Back in May, hundreds of leaflets likening homosexuality to paedophilia while claiming that it can be “healed” were posted through letter boxes across Ely.
The leaflet claimed that being gay is a disease and that it had become a dangerous cult.
The leaflet read: “Homosexuality, as well as being a sin and a vice, is essentially a neurosis, a pathological condition; the result of several factors including childhood experiences.
“If the practice of homosexuality is acceptable, then in time any form of sexual deviation, perversion and experimentation will be acceptable, including the progressive lowering of the age of consent, taking it below the age of puberty and thus legalising paedophilia. A common form of homosexuality is pederasty.
“The condition of homosexuality can be treated and healed, as all distorted sexuality can be healed, and as many cases in recent years have proved.
The leaflet went on to suggest that gay people should not be persecuted but said that it should also “not be encouraged”. “They need healing not approval” the leaflet claimed.