Has George got the X Faxtor?
ELY teenager George Eddy will perform in front of Simon Cowell next month after making it through to the second round of the X-factor. George, 18, sang the Louis Armstrong classic What a Wonderful World after entering the competition just 24 hours before
ELY teenager George Eddy will perform in front of Simon Cowell next month after making it through to the second round of the X-factor.
George, 18, sang the Louis Armstrong classic What a Wonderful World after entering the competition just 24 hours before the closing date.
Now he will face a panel of judges, including Cowell, on June 5 in a bid to win a place on the hit television talent show.
King's School pupil, George, was persuaded to enter the competition by his girlfriend and fellow sixth former, Josephine Norris.
You may also want to watch:
"Jo sent off the entry and she came with me to the audition on Monday," said George, a former Ely Cathedral chorister. "They told us there had been 200,000 entries from all over the country. I was really surprised to get through. I heard lots of really good people who were turned away after singing just one verse of a song."
George, who is taking business studies at King's and has already launched his own clothing business, wore one of the polo shirts he is marketing - and for continuity will wear the same yellow shirt for the next round.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
"I hope it will bring me luck," he said.
Pic cap: Ely teenager George Eddy who hopes he has the X-factor.