Hark back to the good old days at vintage weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Ely pub is set to host a special fund-raising vintage weekend.
The Minster, in Minster Place, will be transformed from February 28-March 1 for a host of fun, games and live music in aid of the Sue Ryder charity.
A spokesman for the pub said: “We hope to have a couple of ‘how-to’ sessions with hair and make-up artists who will show us how to create vintage looks, the Marilyn Monroe hair curl, the Audrey Hepburn eye liner and much more.
“There will be also be a session on up-cycling, how to take old bits of anything and turn them into something useful or pretty again, like making cushions from jeans or centre pieces from one off glasses.”
Jacen Unplugged will be playing a live set at the pub on Saturday.
The pub will also be running a raffle in the run up to the event for a chance to win a vintage makeover at the event. For more information, visit the Minster, or call 01353 668492.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021