Hark back to the good old days at vintage weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Ely pub is set to host a special fund-raising vintage weekend.
The Minster, in Minster Place, will be transformed from February 28-March 1 for a host of fun, games and live music in aid of the Sue Ryder charity.
A spokesman for the pub said: “We hope to have a couple of ‘how-to’ sessions with hair and make-up artists who will show us how to create vintage looks, the Marilyn Monroe hair curl, the Audrey Hepburn eye liner and much more.
“There will be also be a session on up-cycling, how to take old bits of anything and turn them into something useful or pretty again, like making cushions from jeans or centre pieces from one off glasses.”
Jacen Unplugged will be playing a live set at the pub on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The pub will also be running a raffle in the run up to the event for a chance to win a vintage makeover at the event. For more information, visit the Minster, or call 01353 668492.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career