Men caught hare coursing with dogs in Soham and Fulbourn - one also arrested for possession of indecent images
- Credit: Archant
Five men had their phones seized by police when they were caught hare coursing with dogs on land in Soham on Saturday (November 30).
All of the men were interviewed for hare coursing offences and one was interviewed for being in possession of an offensive weapon.
When officers seized their phones one of the men smashed his on the floor.
Later that day, in a separate incident, a Subaru Legacy made off from Cambridgeshire Police's Rural Crime Action Team officers down Sutton Gault.
He was boxed in and had no escape, so he took to the fields where he promptly sank to his axles.
You may also want to watch:
Police simply posted on social media "#GoingNowhereFast #NoLegacy".
Then on Sunday (December 1) three men with three dogs were detained, interviewed and reported for hare coursing in Fulbourn.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
One of the men was also wanted for being in possession of indecent images - he was arrested.