Men caught hare coursing with dogs in Soham and Fulbourn - one also arrested for possession of indecent images
- Credit: Archant
Five men had their phones seized by police when they were caught hare coursing with dogs on land in Soham on Saturday (November 30).
All of the men were interviewed for hare coursing offences and one was interviewed for being in possession of an offensive weapon.
When officers seized their phones one of the men smashed his on the floor.
Later that day, in a separate incident, a Subaru Legacy made off from Cambridgeshire Police's Rural Crime Action Team officers down Sutton Gault.
He was boxed in and had no escape, so he took to the fields where he promptly sank to his axles.
Police simply posted on social media "#GoingNowhereFast #NoLegacy".
Then on Sunday (December 1) three men with three dogs were detained, interviewed and reported for hare coursing in Fulbourn.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
One of the men was also wanted for being in possession of indecent images - he was arrested.