Men caught hare coursing with dogs in Soham and Fulbourn - one also arrested for possession of indecent images
- Credit: Archant
Five men had their phones seized by police when they were caught hare coursing with dogs on land in Soham on Saturday (November 30).
All of the men were interviewed for hare coursing offences and one was interviewed for being in possession of an offensive weapon.
When officers seized their phones one of the men smashed his on the floor.
Later that day, in a separate incident, a Subaru Legacy made off from Cambridgeshire Police's Rural Crime Action Team officers down Sutton Gault.
He was boxed in and had no escape, so he took to the fields where he promptly sank to his axles.
Police simply posted on social media "#GoingNowhereFast #NoLegacy".
Then on Sunday (December 1) three men with three dogs were detained, interviewed and reported for hare coursing in Fulbourn.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
One of the men was also wanted for being in possession of indecent images - he was arrested.