Hard-working George is in the driver’s seat
WITCHFORD schoolboy George James was given a dream ride in train driver’s cab as reward for his remarkable progress at school.
George is a Year 7 pupil at The Cabin, a small unit that provides help and support for eight students on the autistic spectrum, primarily students with Aspergers Syndrome.
Staff at The Cabin work one-tone with the students and help them to access mainstream lessons within Witchford Village College. Students are given help with life skills and are encouraged to be independent, helping them to go on, succeed and pursue their goals with confidence.
The exclusive cab ride between Cambridge and Bishop’s Stortford was arranged for George by operator Greater Anglia to reward his hard work and the good progress he has made with his school work since joining.
Ann Fazackerley, teacher in charge of The Cabin said: “We’d like to say a really big thank you to Greater Anglia for arranging this cab ride for George; it has meant the world to him and will really help in positively reinforcing the progress he has been making since joining The Cabin.”
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia driver manager Steve Ball said: “We were pleased to arrange a trip out in the cab for George, he has a great enthusiasm for the railway and I hope this exclusive journey with Greater Anglia has inspired him and will help build his confidence moving forward.”
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos