Happy new year
Students from the King s School International Study Centre put the finishing touches to decorations to mark the start of the Chinese New Year on Sunday. A magnificent papier mâché dragon made the spectacular centrepiece. This is the Year of the Dog – and
Students from the King's School International Study Centre put the finishing touches to decorations to mark the start of the Chinese New Year on Sunday. A magnificent papier mâché dragon made the spectacular centrepiece.
This is the Year of the Dog - and those born in that year are said to be helpful, loyal and curious.
Celebrations for the 47 students have been put on hold while they concentrate on their exams next week but, on February 3, they and the staff will enjoy a Chinese banquet.
King's International Study Centre in St Mary's Street, Ely, was opened six years ago to provide international students with the language and study skills they need to access a British boarding school education.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured with the dragon are, from left: Cassie Zhang, Dima Panarin, Garrett Jin, Pamela Yang and Alina Andrianova. Cassie, Garrett and Pamela are from China and Alina and Dima from Russia.
Photo: HELEN SOUTH.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely