Happy birthday Her Majesty! Little Thetford Primary School celebrates the Queen’s 90th with all-day party
- Credit: Archant
There was a right royal knees-up at a primary school in Little Thetford as youngsters and parents celebrated the Queen’s official 90th birthday.
Pupils from Little Thetford CofE Primary School donned crowns and red, white and blue clothing to celebrate Her Majesty’s official birthday on Thursday June 9.
Face painting, an egg and spoon race, cake icing and games all took place in the gardens at the school on Green Hill, with all the school’s four classes getting involved.
Pupils wrote letters and cards to the Queen, as well as producing their own newspaper articles, which will all be sent to Buckingham Palace next week.
The school also invited seven residents from the village to join them as their VIPs for the day, and they went on to judge the cake icing competition.
You may also want to watch:
Jonny Wallace, the school’s headteacher, said the children had a great time celebrating.
“We had a lovely day,” he said. “There was plenty of fun in the sun celebrating such an important occasion for the nation.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely