Hannah’s ladies night raises another £250 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Thirty women helped to raise £250 for Macmillan Cancer Support during a ‘summer lights’ themed ladies night on Saturday.
“It is a charity very close to my heart because I’ve had friends and family who have either had cancer or sadly lost their battle,” said organiser Hannah McCreadie, who raises money for Macmillan each year.
“It was bedlam,” she added, “thirty women drinking and dancing a lot.”
The weekend event, with lots of food and drink and twinkling fairy lights, takes her fundraising total to more than £1,000 over the course of three years.
“I’m a busy mum to two kids and a childminder to 20 kiddies in Ely but I do like to do my bit for charity.
You may also want to watch:
“My son Alfie did the big ‘Alfie’s Summer Challenge’ last summer for GOSH and my daughter and I are taking part in Race for Life in July alongside some of my childminding parents and other childminders.”
Ahead of the charity event, a number of Ely businesses – including Allgoods Delicatessen, Boots, Slimming World, Tesco, Treetops Soft Play and Waitrose – donated hampers and prizes for the raffle.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe also donated a ‘guess the sweets’ jar for an extra game.