Ely student makes it through to the Miss England semi finals
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student has made it through to the semi finals of the Miss England competition.
Hannah Norris, 19, a full time student with two part time jobs, will compete in the next stage at Kelham Hall with the aim of getting to the finals at the end of July.
The 19-year-old university student plans to raise £1,000 for the competition’s charity.
The Ely New Look employee is studying sport and PE at the University of Bedfordshire and amongst it all, she teaches gymnastics at the Huntingdon Gymnastics Club.
Hannah is juggling her university, gymnastics coaching and part time jobs to raise as much money as she can for the Beauty with a Purpose charity which is partnered with ‘Miss World’.
You may also want to watch:
The funds go towards helping provide much-needed support for deprived children.
Her goal is to raise £1,000 with a charity gig, featuring music from local bands.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
After university, Hannah says she is torn between wanting to become a PE teacher or a gymnastics coach.