Haddenham Steam Rally weekend will offer a packed programme for visitors
IT’S time for those fabulous steam traction engines to fire up and turn up at the 38th Haddenham Steam Rally next month, an event that promises to be a treat for visitors both young and old.
Gates open at this ever popular event at 9am on both Saturday September 10th and Sunday September 11, with a packed programme on offer.
Rally Chairman, Kelvin Young said: “Among the delights on display will be both full size and miniature steam traction engines, bygone collections, over 200 vintage cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles.
“The 24th annual Heavy Horse Show takes place on Sunday, although heavy horses can be seen at work on the site on both days.
“Other working demonstrations for visitors to enjoy include steam threshing, baling, stone crushing, wood sawing and our popular vintage road making display.”
You may also want to watch:
For visitors who like to watch the action in the grand ring, the Raptor Foundation will give a flying display on both days. The show will also welcome back Pauline Reader and her dancers, as well as the sounds of Dr Busker, Big Ron T and Mike Lane
There will be a funfair with modern rides plus traditional chairoplanes owned by the Starmer family, Michael Rule’s steam gallopers and Ken Fox’s magnificent “wall of death”.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
Displays will be given by the Fenland Marine Model Group, the Cambridge City branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A wide selection of trade stands will be available, alongside a popular craft marquee. A wide range of refreshments, stalls will keep visitors sustained, and there will be a licensed bar
The rally is located on the A1421, just to the North of Haddenham, near Ely, and will be well signposted from the surrounding main roads. For those with sat nav, the postcode is CB6 3PT.
Entry is �8 for adults, �6 for OAPs and �3 for children; with a special family ticket costing �20 (2 adults, 3 children). On site camping is available at �45, although pre-booking is advisable. Free car parking will be available.
Money raised goes to support local causes. The committed wish to thank Agreserves and Mr & Mrs J Waller of College Farm for their support.
For further information, check out the show’s website at www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk or contact rally secretary, Ruth Young on 01487 842771.