Haddenham under 10s football team ‘at risk of folding’ putting them in desperate need for new players – can you help?
- Credit: Archant
An East Cambridgeshire football team say they are “at risk of folding” after fears the club can not secure any new players.
Haddenham Rovers Colts under 10s will move to a nine-a-side squad next month, but the team currently only has eight members.
With an upcoming deadline of Saturday June 9, if no new players join the club they will be forced to disband.
Graeme Hall, team coach, said “Our mixed ability team has been playing for three seasons now, and we will all be extremely sad if we can’t carry on, especially the children.
“We are an inclusive team and encourage all players, so don’t worry if you haven’t yet discovered your inner Messi, we will help you to develop your skills.”
You may also want to watch:
“Children need to be in Year Six from September and not currently playing for a team.”
If you know someone that would be interested in joining the squad, contact Graeme via email: HRCU10s@gmail.com or via the Haddenham Rovers Colts FC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/haddenhamroverscolts
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines