Haddenham Pensioner Charged With Possession Of More Than 1,000 Child Pornography Images
A PENSIONER has been charged with possessing more than 1,100 images of child pornography – along with two extreme pornographic and explicit images involving a dog. Jack Allsop, aged 73, of Bury Lane, Haddenham, appeared before Ely magistrates on Thursday,
A PENSIONER has been charged with possessing more than 1,100 images of child pornography - along with two extreme pornographic and explicit images involving a dog.
Jack Allsop, aged 73, of Bury Lane, Haddenham, appeared before Ely magistrates on Thursday, facing a total of 20 pornography charges.
One charge alleges that between April 21 and 30 last year, the pensioner was in possession of 1187 indecent images of a child.
Such images are graded on the Copine scale - with level one being the lowest and five the most offensive.
You may also want to watch:
The Crown Prosecution Service says that 1,055 of those images were level one; 71 of them were graded at level two; 54 of the images were at level three; four were level four; and three were considered to be level five.
A second charge states that he was in possession of two more indecent images of a child between August 8 2008 and April 30 last year, at level one and three.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
There are two charges involving extreme pornographic images involving a dog. One alleges he possessed an imaged that was "grossly offensive, disgusting or otherwise of an obscene character" between April 21 and 30 last year.
The second similar allegation alleges he was in possession of an image involving a dog between January 26 and April 30 last year.
Allsop faces 16 more charges, all of making an indecent photograph or pseudo-photograph of a child in Haddenham on various dates between August 9 2008 and April 22 2009.
Ely magistrates adjourned the case until April 8 for committal papers to be prepared, and gave the pensioner unconditional bail.