Haddenham man wins £5,000 Mick George shopping spree
- Credit: Archant
A Haddenham man has been picked out of 5,000 others to win a £5,000 shopping spree.
After going online to order some topsoil, Tom Wright noticed Mick George’s Sky Rocket competition and decided to enter.
Having moved into their new home 18 months ago, Tom and his wife began renovating their house – but after the birth of the sun the renovation didn’t go as planned.
Tom said: “Never in a million years did we think we would win, we’re over the moon to have been chosen.
“As soon I heard, my wife and I headed straight to the website to start spending. We can’t believe our luck’.
You may also want to watch:
“The ‘70’s monstrosity’ of a bathroom is first to go under the hammer, with the garden also set to receive some DIY treatment.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation