Haddenham Man Prepares For Charity Trek Across The Sahara
HADDENHAM S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert. Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which require
HADDENHAM'S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert.
Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which requires entrants to run 150 miles across the searing hot desert in Morocco whilst carrying a rucksack full of equipment.
Mr Howlett told the Ely Standard: "This race is something I have been looking to do for a number of years and it has definitely become a bit of an ambition.
"So far I have managed to raise about �600 for the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital but I am hoping to be able to get to �2000 by the time the race comes around."
The run begins on March 27 and anyone interested in sponsoring Mark can do so via www.justgiving.com/markhowlett
Pic cap: Mark Howlett prepares for his run.
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 6 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 7 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 10 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
Photo: HELEN DRAKE