Haddenham Man Prepares For Charity Trek Across The Sahara
HADDENHAM S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert. Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which require
HADDENHAM'S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert.
Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which requires entrants to run 150 miles across the searing hot desert in Morocco whilst carrying a rucksack full of equipment.
Mr Howlett told the Ely Standard: "This race is something I have been looking to do for a number of years and it has definitely become a bit of an ambition.
"So far I have managed to raise about �600 for the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital but I am hoping to be able to get to �2000 by the time the race comes around."
The run begins on March 27 and anyone interested in sponsoring Mark can do so via www.justgiving.com/markhowlett
Pic cap: Mark Howlett prepares for his run.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
Photo: HELEN DRAKE