Haddenham Man Prepares For Charity Trek Across The Sahara
HADDENHAM S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert. Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which require
HADDENHAM'S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert.
Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which requires entrants to run 150 miles across the searing hot desert in Morocco whilst carrying a rucksack full of equipment.
Mr Howlett told the Ely Standard: "This race is something I have been looking to do for a number of years and it has definitely become a bit of an ambition.
"So far I have managed to raise about �600 for the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital but I am hoping to be able to get to �2000 by the time the race comes around."
You may also want to watch:
The run begins on March 27 and anyone interested in sponsoring Mark can do so via www.justgiving.com/markhowlett
Pic cap: Mark Howlett prepares for his run.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
Photo: HELEN DRAKE