Haddenham Man Prepares For Charity Trek Across The Sahara
HADDENHAM S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert. Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which require
HADDENHAM'S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert.
Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which requires entrants to run 150 miles across the searing hot desert in Morocco whilst carrying a rucksack full of equipment.
Mr Howlett told the Ely Standard: "This race is something I have been looking to do for a number of years and it has definitely become a bit of an ambition.
"So far I have managed to raise about �600 for the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital but I am hoping to be able to get to �2000 by the time the race comes around."
You may also want to watch:
The run begins on March 27 and anyone interested in sponsoring Mark can do so via www.justgiving.com/markhowlett
Pic cap: Mark Howlett prepares for his run.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 9 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 10 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
Photo: HELEN DRAKE