Haddenham Man Prepares For Charity Trek Across The Sahara
HADDENHAM S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert. Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which require
HADDENHAM'S Mark Howlett is preparing to push himself to the limit for charity as he takes part in a race across the Sahara Desert.
Mr Howlett will be running to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in the famous Marathon des Sable, a race which requires entrants to run 150 miles across the searing hot desert in Morocco whilst carrying a rucksack full of equipment.
Mr Howlett told the Ely Standard: "This race is something I have been looking to do for a number of years and it has definitely become a bit of an ambition.
"So far I have managed to raise about �600 for the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital but I am hoping to be able to get to �2000 by the time the race comes around."
You may also want to watch:
The run begins on March 27 and anyone interested in sponsoring Mark can do so via www.justgiving.com/markhowlett
Pic cap: Mark Howlett prepares for his run.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
Photo: HELEN DRAKE