Haddenham company Faerch Plast - formerly Anson Packaging - opens new UK headquarters and design facility on Lancaster Way Business Park in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham company Faerch Plast (formerly Anson Packaging) has opened the doors of its new UK headquarters and design facility on Lancaster Way Business Park in Ely.
Hosted by the company’s managing director, the MP for South East Cambridgeshire, Lucy Frazer, joined East Cambridgeshire District Council’s economic development officers for a behind the scenes look at their new research and design facilities.
Faerch Plast specialises in packaging for the food industry and the investment follows expansion of its manufacturing facilities in Sutton during 2016. The company produces plastic packaging for fresh meat, ready meals and ‘food to go’.
Managing director Andrew Osborne-Smith said: “The opening was a fantastic opportunity to showcase our continued investment into the region and we valued the opportunity of discussing our current position and future developments.”
MP Lucy Frazer said: “On a guided tour of its facilities, I was fascinated to hear about Faerch Plast’s past and future expansion plans; welcome news for jobs and growth in our area and a vote of confidence in East Cambridgeshire’s vibrant economy.
You may also want to watch:
“We discussed business drivers in the food supply chain industry and the challenges of Brexit. Thank you to Faerch Plast for hosting me.”
Councillor Steve Cheetham, service delivery champion for economic development at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “It is very encouraging to see businesses like Faerch Plast, who already have premises in the district, choose to grow within East Cambridgeshire. Enterprise East Cambridgeshire is highly focussed on increasing the region’s strong business reputation whilst making it a great place to live. Faerch Plast’s investment in their new headquarters is testament to that and I wish them all the very best for the future.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound