Young Haddenham boxers in youth championships
- Credit: Archant
Three boxers from Haddenham competed in the youth championships with two of them going forward to the finals this weekend.
Callum Francis, Liam Finlay and Tarek Khan, all 17, took part in the event with all of them commended by their coach for skillful fighting against their opponents.
Callum and Liam will compete in the finals this Sunday (9) in London at 67kg and 63kg respectively.
Mike Sawyer, said: “Callum has boxed since he was eight years old. He boxed very well, he has got a lovely straight left, slipping punches and moving round the ring well. He is going to be something special.
“Liam is a sharp boxer and his combination is superb. He got to the finals two years ago so this will be his third final in three years.
You may also want to watch:
“Tarek gave a very good performance but was beaten on points. He did well.
“He is fairly new to this and will make a good boxer with more tuition.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody