Young Haddenham boxers in youth championships
- Credit: Archant
Three boxers from Haddenham competed in the youth championships with two of them going forward to the finals this weekend.
Callum Francis, Liam Finlay and Tarek Khan, all 17, took part in the event with all of them commended by their coach for skillful fighting against their opponents.
Callum and Liam will compete in the finals this Sunday (9) in London at 67kg and 63kg respectively.
Mike Sawyer, said: “Callum has boxed since he was eight years old. He boxed very well, he has got a lovely straight left, slipping punches and moving round the ring well. He is going to be something special.
“Liam is a sharp boxer and his combination is superb. He got to the finals two years ago so this will be his third final in three years.
You may also want to watch:
“Tarek gave a very good performance but was beaten on points. He did well.
“He is fairly new to this and will make a good boxer with more tuition.”
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 5 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely