Haddenham Beavers Colony experience day in life of Ely police officer during visit
- Credit: Archant
The Haddenham Beavers Colony visited officers at Ely police station for an hour of finding out about what the police do earlier this month.
“All of the Beavers had a great time, trying on police hats, sitting in the cell cage at the rear of a marked van, and locking their group organisers in,” said Sgt Phil Priestley.
“The group were full of enthusiastic questions about arresting bad guys, flying in police helicopters, police armed response units, and - of course - police dogs.”
After the question and answer session, the children – dressed in their Beavers uniform and sporting badges - posed for a picture with Sgt Priestley.
The photo was sent to Ely police station by Jill Fairchild, who organised the visit, alongside a thank you email.
You may also want to watch:
In the letter, Jill said: “They all loved the evening and I hope you found them as entertaining too.
“There is absolutely no doubt that we did.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip