David Bowie exhibition coming to arts centre that received £25k Covid grant
- Credit: CAROLINE CAWLEY
‘5 Years: To The Power of Bowie’, which opens on May 1, features limited edition prints and affordable work by a collection of artists.
It has been curated by Hypergallery's Vincent McEvoy and Emily Clement.
Caroline Cawley, arts centre manager, said: "We’re looking forward to re-opening on Tuesday April 13 and welcoming people back into our community arts centre.
"This funding will help us to reconnect with audiences, communities and artists, as lockdown eases.
"It’s been a tough year for all of us and we’re very grateful for this lifeline funding to help us get back on our feet."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline added that the arts centre's plans for the next few months include workshops, community events and performances and that many are free or at ‘pay what you can afford prices’.
The money has been awarded from the government’s £1.57 billion culture recovery fund to help the museum recover and reopen following the Covid-19 lockdown.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
For more details of what’s on visit www.haddenhamartscentre.org.uk