Small digger worth £100,000 set alight in East Cambridgeshire arson attack
- Credit: Archant
A small digger worth £100,000 was set alight in an arson attack in East Cambridgeshire last night.
The mini excavator was set on fire at around 8.15pm in a field in Hill Row Causeway, near Haddenham.
Police officers would like to speak to anyone with information or anyone that was in the area at the time of the incident.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “At about 8.15pm a Takeuchi digger worth £100,000 was set on fire in a field in Hill Row Causeway.
“Officers are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen anything suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting 35/31607/18 or report online at: www.cambs.police.uk/report.
“Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit: www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table