Guilt Free Pampering To Raise Money For CLIC Sargent
CITY residents enjoyed a guilt-free day of pampering at the weekend, content in the knowledge that they were actually doing their bit for charity. Spa Ely, in Fore Hill, organised a day of indulgence in aid of CLIC Sargent, a charity that provides help
CITY residents enjoyed a guilt-free day of pampering at the weekend, content in the knowledge that they were actually doing their bit for charity.
Spa Ely, in Fore Hill, organised a day of indulgence in aid of CLIC Sargent, a charity that provides help and support to children and young people with cancer, and their families.
Taster treatments, make-overs, professional photography portraits and a raffle all helped the spa to raise more than �600.
Senior therapist Sarah Wood said: "It went really, really well and we were busy all day."
You may also want to watch:
Karen Roberts, community fundraising manager for CLIC Sargent, said: "Spa Ely came up with the wonderful idea of organising an indulgence day for local people, because the families affected by cancer don't get the opportunity to pamper themselves very often."
For more information about CLIC Sargent and how you can help, visit www.clicsargent.org.uk.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
4204HD0609. Back, from left to right are: Deana Pettit from CLIC, Jackie Elsom, Karen Roberts from CLIC. Front: Laura Joment from Ely having a facial from Spa Ely manager Caroline Seymour.