Guests get a taste of 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards at networking evening
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s resplendent Poets House Hotel provided the backdrop for this year’s Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards networking evening.
The hotel’s Writing Room hosted more than 50 guests for Thursday’s event, which gave business leaders from around East Cambridgeshire the chance to hear from previous winners as well as finding out a little more about this year’s event.
George Rivers and Cassandra Day, from Isleham-firm Produce World, spoke to guests about winning the 2013 Employer of the Year Award and what it had done for their business.
And guests then heard from Jackie Cooper, a business advisor from Destination Digital, about thousands of pounds worth of EU grant funding available to local business to transform their computing and IT training and how they could apply.
The evening was rounded off with the opportunity for guests to network, with plenty of delicious canapés, provided by Poets House, on offer to tempt the tastebuds.
Ely Standard editor, John Elworthy, said: “The networking evening provided business owners with the perfect opportunity to see what the East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are all about.
“Since their inception, in 2009, the awards have become a mainstay in the district’s business calendar, with dozens of business entering every year, and I hope that Thursday’s event will encourage many more to get involved, too.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
The 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are set to take place on October 3 in the magnificent surroundings of Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel.
There is still time to enter your business for this year’s event, the sixth since the awards were launched. The deadline is 5pm on July 25. Visit www.elybusinessawards.co.uk for more information.