Group’s happy return
YOUNGSTERS at Soham s Viva Youth Theatre made a triumphant return to the Edinburgh Fringe festival. An 18-strong cast and four crew performed Back to the 80s at the festival from August 14–18. Project organiser Jenny Roberts said the five-night run had e
YOUNGSTERS at Soham's Viva Youth Theatre made a triumphant return to the Edinburgh Fringe festival.
An 18-strong cast and four crew performed Back to the 80s at the festival from August 14-18.
Project organiser Jenny Roberts said the five-night run had exceeded the group's expectations and followed the success of Viva's production at the festival last year.
"It was absolutely brilliant," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"It was the experience that made it for the kids involved - I think some of them were over-awed but we got on really well."
The production, which featured songs from the 1980s based around an American high school storyline, earned them a sell-out show and a four-star review - the best possible - from one critic.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Viva hopes to return to Edinburgh with a new production next year.