Arts group launches online journal for residents to share coronavirus stories
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport group has created an online journal to allow residents to share their stories during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Field Theatre Group has launched ‘Cor-connexions’, which will enable residents to record their thoughts and send in the likes of poems, pictures, artworks and real-life accounts through their digital community archive.
Although the archive is still only being developed, the group hopes to secure enough funding to write a book, in order to show how the community coped with the COVID-19 outbreak for future generations.
A spokesperson for The Field Theatre Group said: “We’re asking people of all ages, to contribute artistic, creative and documentary materials, recording their lives in these unprecedented times.
“By documenting these extraordinary events, we will be creating a historical record of life in our community during this unprecedented year.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s often the everyday accounts of the lives of ordinary people that shine a fascinating light on momentous events.
“You don’t have to be a writer or historian to take part in this project. Whether you are on the frontline of events, isolating at home, or caring for your family, we’d love to hear from you.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For more information on the journal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.cor-connexions.com/.