Greater area fr hme decisins
A REVOLUTIONARY new scheme t give scial husing tenants mre chice is being launched in East Cambridgeshire. The prject wuld enable tenants t bid fr prperties available t rent thrughut their lcal cuncil area and acrss five ther areas. Sanct
A REVOLUTIONARY new scheme t give scial husing tenants mre chice is being launched in East Cambridgeshire.
The prject wuld enable tenants t bid fr prperties available t rent thrughut their lcal cuncil area and acrss five ther areas.
Sanctuary Hereward Husing Assciatin is launching the scheme, Hme-Link, thrugh a new website tmrrw (Friday).
Applicants will be able t bid t express an interest in renting available prperties wned by Sanctuary Hereward r ther husing assciatins in East Cambridgeshire, Cambridge suth and city centre, St Edmundsbury and Frest Heath in Sufflk and Huntingdnshire.
You may also want to watch:
Bids can be ldged via the website, by pst, telephne r text and the successful applicant will be thse in the greatest husing need.
"Hme-Link is an extremely imprtant and innvative scheme which ffers applicants much mre chice in where they live and what type f prperty they rent," said Alan Lewin, Sanctuary Hereward reginal directr.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Tenants will be advised n the prperties fr which they can ldge their bids but thse with rent arrears, wh have been invlved in anti-scial behaviur r have enugh mney r incme t affrd a prperty in the private sectr will nt be eligible.
It will be pssible t bid fr up t three prperties a frtnight and 10 per cent f prperties will be available t bidders frm utside the district.
Sanctuary Hereward husing services manager, Vanessa Mainwaring said: "This scheme gives applicants mre wnership ver their wn husing situatin than they have ever had befre and that is a great step frward.
"There will be mre feedback fr applicants abut their prspects fr being rehused, anbd if they might want t explre ther ptins such as shared wnership, private rental r buying their wn hme.