Great-gran dies in A142 tragedy
GREAT grandmther, Phyllis Brwn, was ne f tw peple killed and anther seriusly injured in crashes which brught chas t East Cambridgeshire’s rads.Mrs Brwn, 76, died when the car she was travelling in was thrwn upside
By LESLEY INNES.
GREAT grandmther, Phyllis Brwn, was ne f tw peple killed and anther seriusly injured in crashes which brught chas t East Cambridgeshire’s rads.
Mrs Brwn, 76, died when the car she was travelling in was thrwn upside dwn and landed n the verge f the A142 near Witchfrd n Saturday mrning.
The crash was ne f three in just fur days which left anther driver dead and a schlby with serius injuries.
Mrs Brwn, f Suttn, was killed at 8.45am n Saturday when the Skda Octavia she was travelling in was invlved in a crash with a Vlkswagen Transprter Van.
She leaves a husband, Rn, three sns, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 8 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
The driver f the Skda, a 76-year-ld man and the van driver, a 38-year-ld man frm Little Dwnham escaped unhurt.
Traffic was diverted away frm the scene thrugh Witchfrd and the rad was clsed fr five hurs.
In anther accident n Wednesday afternn n the A10 at Waterbeach, driver Frank Brm, 75, frm Wembley Park, Lndn was killed after his Mercedes van cllided with a Vauxhall car and a Frd Transit.
He died in Cambridge’s Addenbrke’s Hspital after the crash at 3.30pm which brught chas t rush hur traffic when bth lanes f the rad were clsed.
The car driver, a 67-year-ld man frm Essex escaped with minr injuries and tw peple travelling in the Frd Transit, a 48-year-ld man and a 25-year-ld man escaped unhurt.
The crash clsed the rad fr almst five hurs and traffic was diverted thrugh Landbeach.
The fllwing day at arund abut the same time a by was cycling hme frm schl when he was invlved in a crash with a Blue Nissan Almeira in Stretham Rad.
A MAGPAS emergency dctr gave first aid at the scene f the accident and the by’s cnditin is described as “stable”.
Plice clsed the area t traffic, including part f the A10 and the Stretham rundabut, and diversins were put in place.
The crashes have prmpted renewed calls frm Cambridgeshire Plice fr drivers t take extra care as bad weather hits the area.
A Cambridgeshire Plice spkespersn said: "Mtrists need t drive seasnally and take simple measures like leaving a larger braking distance between yu and the vehicle in frnt when in fggy r icy cnditins.
"The rad has a micrclimate f its wn and if yu have t start the day by scraping yur car free f ice, r it's s fggy that yu need t cnsider using fg lights, yu can guarantee yu need t drive slwer, be alert and adapt t the rad and weather cnditins."