Great British Bake Off star Kim-Joy spends the afternoon in Ely before speaking at sell-out event
- Credit: Archant
It was a day of sweet treats in Ely as Great British Bake Off star Kim-Joy gave a talk about her new book.
The 28-year-old, known for her creativity in the famous bunting-bedecked tent, spoke at a sold out event at The Maltings last night (September 10).
Dozens gathered to meet the baker and grab a singed copy of her book 'Baking with Kim-Joy' after she made it to the final three of the popular baking competition last year.
Arriving at Ely Station yesterday afternoon, Kim-Joy Hewlett happily posed for photos with Greater Anglia train staff before visiting the cathedral.
She even popped into Samovar Tea House in Fore Hill for lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Posting on her Twitter, she said: "I had a great time in Ely eating cake, followed by a lovely talk and signing at Toppings Ely.
"Thank you everyone who came and made it such a nice evening I wasn't able to watch Great British Bake Off but going to catch up as soon as I get a moment."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The book features motivational quotes and puns among the recipes.
There are tips for basic cake mixes, biscuit doughs, fillings and frostings, from meringue ghosts to pigs as profiteroles and koala macarons, alongside show-stopping traybakes and ornate breads.