Grant funding will help Ely church carry out much-needed repairs
- Credit: Archant
Ely Methodist Church has received grant funding to carry out essential repairs to the building.
Brickwork, stonework and stained glass windows at the Chapel Street venue will all undergo repairs thanks to a grant of £1,000 provided by Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust.
The trust helps congregations with the repair and enhancement of their places of worship by offering grants and loans.
The main source of funding for the trust is its annual Ride, Drive and Stride event held each September, where cyclists, motorists and pedestrians of all ages throughout Cambridgeshire find people to sponsor them for the number of churches, chapels and colleges which they visit on the day.
Half the money is returned to the participants nominated church or chapel, the other half goes to help churches with the cost of repairs.
Details of the trusts work can be found at www.camcht.uk
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council