Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- Credit: Family
His family has paid tribute to Dennis Dear, 68, who died in a crash on the A1123 earlier this month.
“Dennis leaves behind two sons and four grandchildren who he loved dearly,” his family said.
The crash involved Mr Dear’s Ford Ranger and a Citroen DS3, being driven by a man in his 20s.
It happened at 3.45pm on June 15 at Bluntisham.
Mr Dear of Cooks Drove, Earith, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The Citroen driver, from Downham Market, remained at the scene and was not injured.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call 101 quoting incident 334 of June 15.