Grand launch for new look Standard
MORE than 70 well-wishers joined staff at the newly-refurbished Ely Standard office for the official launch of our new-look newspaper. People from across the district visited the Market Street office for an open day to celebrate the redesign of the Stand
MORE than 75 well-wishers joined staff at the newly-refurbished Ely Standard office for the official launch of our new-look newspaper.
People from across the district visited the Market Street office for an open day to celebrate the redesign of the Ely Standard, including Ely town crier Avril Hayter-Smith, who announced the event to shoppers at the market, and Star FM, who gave away balloons.
Editor Debbie Davies said the success of the event helped kick off the first issue with a bang.
“It was fantastic to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones,” she said.
“We pride ourselves on being a genuine community newspaper, and it’s always a pleasure for us to meet our readers and customers face to face.”
Visitors left notes on our dedicated message board in support of fund-raising Soham teenager Liam Fairhurst, while others dropped in cards, which will be passed on to Liam.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
Debbie Davies said: “We hope people will enjoy reading our new-look newspaper; we think its design is friendlier and we have more pages, with more news and more features.”
# The editor and staff at the Ely Standard would like to thank everyone who attended our Open Day on March 8.
We would like to thank all our readers and advertisers who supported the event and helped to make the day such a success.
Special thanks are also extended to: Jo Smith at the Waitrose store in Ely; Ely town crier Avril Hayter-Smith and Star Radio.
We hope our readers and advertisers like the new-look Ely Standard and the improved content.
We are looking forward to building on the strong relationships we have already built up in the Ely area over many years, but please feel free to contact the editor if you wish to comment on any aspect of your local paper.
If you would like to contact a member of the news or advertising team, please telephone our Market Street office on 01353 667831.
# The Ely Standard building at 38 Market Street, Ely, has recently been refurbished.
The editor and staff at the Ely Standard would like to take this opportunity to thank the following companies for all their hard work.
- Grantchester Construction Ltd, of Broad Street, Ely, and all associated contractors.
- Fiesta Blinds of Studlands Avenue, Newmarket.
- Savills of Hills Road in Cambridge.
- Central Plastics of The Dock, Ely