Golden tickets bring Wonka magic to Ely
AN Ely business is hoping to bring a touch of Willy Wonka’s magic to the city by offering up golden tickets in a special range of chocolate bars.
Inspired by the classic book and film, Yvonne and Chris O’Neill, of Yellow Butterfly Cake Designs, will be hiding five golden tickets inside a set of Ely Wonka Bars that are on sale at The Hub Tea Room, in Lynn Road.
The five lucky winners will each be invited to pick up a prize on November 24, when the couple will be holding a Ely Wonka fancy dress and auction event at the Lighthouse Centre, in Lynn Road.
All money raised from the day, running from 1-4pm, will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support, a cause close to the couple’s hearts.
Prizes donated by a variety of Ely based businesses sponsoring the auction will be up for grabs on the day and there will also be interactive themed games, face painting,
You may also want to watch:
photos, a fancy dress contest and tea and cakes.
Yvonne, a veteran cake designer and sugar craft artist, and her talented team of pupils, will also be creating a gigantic six-tiered Wonka-themed cake for the day.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 5 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow