Golden tickets bring Wonka magic to Ely
AN Ely business is hoping to bring a touch of Willy Wonka’s magic to the city by offering up golden tickets in a special range of chocolate bars.
Inspired by the classic book and film, Yvonne and Chris O’Neill, of Yellow Butterfly Cake Designs, will be hiding five golden tickets inside a set of Ely Wonka Bars that are on sale at The Hub Tea Room, in Lynn Road.
The five lucky winners will each be invited to pick up a prize on November 24, when the couple will be holding a Ely Wonka fancy dress and auction event at the Lighthouse Centre, in Lynn Road.
All money raised from the day, running from 1-4pm, will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support, a cause close to the couple’s hearts.
Prizes donated by a variety of Ely based businesses sponsoring the auction will be up for grabs on the day and there will also be interactive themed games, face painting,
You may also want to watch:
photos, a fancy dress contest and tea and cakes.
Yvonne, a veteran cake designer and sugar craft artist, and her talented team of pupils, will also be creating a gigantic six-tiered Wonka-themed cake for the day.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’