Going the extra mile for their communities. Corkers is shortlisted for a rural Oscar.
- Credit: Archant
A local firm has been picked from more than 7,500 entries for a chance of winning a rural Oscar.
Corkers at Pymoor is among the East of England finalists in the 2016 Countryside Alliance Awards.
The awards see businesses from across the region go head to head for a regional title and a shot at national glory.
Countryside Alliance Awards director Jill Grieve said: “This has been a record year for nominations, showing how much the public values and supports our hard working rural businessmen and women.
“For these finalists to get this far is already an exceptional achievement and I look forward to meeting them as judging gets underway.
“The Rural Oscars were set up to champion those who go the extra mile for their communities and it is an honour to offer a voice to rural business in this way.”
The Awards are into their 12th year and are a way of celebrating rural produce, skills, enterprise and heritage through small hard-working businesses.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Ms Grieve said: “This year we received over 7,500 nominations, meaning these finalists truly are the best of the best.”
The Awards are public-nomination led across five categories of local food and drink, village shop or Post Office, tourism enterprise, farm enterprise and butcher.
Corkers Crisps have been short listed in the farm enterprise category.