Friends launch fund to help pay for the funeral of teenager John ‘Dave’ King who died after falling from moving Hyundai at Ely
- Credit: eyJpdiI6IjVmMGhtSlBCaE5CZ0hTeWpPUHNKREE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiN1E4dlM3em1XMVUwNVJPWU1HclRzUEpVQ25xMCt2dWQ5Qyt3cGlzblk0WHBwNG1JaGNnUDI4aTZ5SSs1clVJcSIsIm1hYyI6ImY5OTA4MzQ4ZjM4ZTc1ZDZhMDA1NDY5NDlkMmI0NzdjMGE5ZTZlZmRmZDg1MDRhNjZiOTJjNzdkMWMxM2FmOTcifQ==
Friends are rallying to support the family of the teenage victim of a fatal incident near Ely and have already raised over £700 to help pay for his funeral.
John 'Dave' King died in hospital two days after falling from the back of a moving car on the A10.
John, of Upton Place, Littleport, had been on a life support machine at Addenbrooke's Hospital following the incident but died last night (Thur).
His friend Conor Stanford has started the gofundme page with the aim of raising £2,500 to cover funeral expenses.
In his rallying cry for support on the gofundme website, Conor says: "Can everyone take a minute to read this/
You may also want to watch:
"John was a gold hearted person who would have had the brightest future ahead of him.
"Unfortunately an incident happened which left him on life support. Now he is no longer with us.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
"If you know John aka 'Dave' then you'll know he's always got a smile or something funny to say, Dave just bought joy into the room when everyone's down. We love and will miss you."
Conor added: "If anyone would like to donate then please feel free everything helps. Just brings John a better goodbye."
Many warm tributes have been offered in support of the appeal, together with donations from those that knew John.
Kirsty wrote: "John was a full of life soul. No matter how unhappy you felt he had a way of making you smile; you will be sadly missed fella RIP."
Richard Rudrich posted: "An amazing person, you were taken way to early big man RIP my friend."
Atanya Chapman said: "A beautiful soul needs a beautiful good bye."
Sydney Owen: Such a lovely guy, so sad to see you gone John. Hope this can help with a good send off."
Tom Wicker: "had a heart of gold and would put himself out there for anyone, always helped me in my times of need, there was not a bad bone in his body and he deserves a proper send off."
Harry Kent:" I'll miss you man, thanks for everything you did for me. Much love."
Olivia Acred: "Dave put a smile on everyone's face and he had the purest heart. He'll be missed by everyone who knew him."
Robby Spangler: "Was a good mate and was a laugh to be around; just so sudden and
Emergency services were called to the incident at about 9.40am on Tuesday (30 July) after reports the young man had fallen from a black Hyundai Tucson.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 133 of 30 July.