Go ape in Thetford forest
A DAY of adrenaline-fuelled action will raise money for The Old Palace Care Centre in Ely. Sue Ryder Care is calling on anyone who enjoys outdoor adventure to take part in a fund-raising event at the Go Ape site in Thetford Forest in March. Participants
A DAY of adrenaline-fuelled action will raise money for The Old Palace Care Centre in Ely.
Sue Ryder Care is calling on anyone who enjoys outdoor adventure to take part in a fund-raising event at the Go Ape site in Thetford Forest in March.
Participants will run the gauntlet of a high wire forest adventure course which includes rope bridges, Tarzan swings and zip slides.
Beth Rigg, fund-raiser for Sue Ryder Care says, "It's a fantastic day out for you and your family, friends or why not take the opportunity to do something different with your colleagues, it's a real experience, it's exhilarating and great fun!"
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers, who will collect sponsorship for the challenge, will face a total of 36 obstacles on Sunday, March 4.
The money raised will send two Old Palace residents on an action-packed activities holiday in the Lake District.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
INFO: To take part, contact the fund-raising team on 01353 663357 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org