Gnomes, fairies, a mushroom and the mystical crystals of life - it’s all at a children’s author talk at Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
An award winning children’s author will be in Ely Library this weekend with fun activities for youngsters.
Families are invited to join Matty Long, author of Super Happy Magic Forest, on Saturday 5th November from 10am to 11am.
He will be talking about how he came to create his books and draw some of his wonderful characters.
The event will be in the children’s area of Ely Library.
His first book follows the journey of five brave heroes - a faun, a gnome, a fairy, a unicorn and a mushroom - on an epic quest to reclaim the mystical crystals of life from the evil goblins.
You may also want to watch:
On their journey they have to fight their way past a host of fiendish creatures such as warrior penguins, zombie bunnies and picnic-ruining bees before coming face to face with evil itself.
All are welcome, but the activity is aimed at seven year olds plus.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
Matty won this year’s Read It Again Cambridgeshire Children’s Picture Book Award.
This event is part of Cambridgeshire Libraries’ celebrations for the BBC-led Love to Read campaign.
Love to Read is a BBC initiative and supported by a season of programmes, mainly on BBC4 and Radio 4.