Gnocchi and music made for a perfect night at Prezzo
“All-in-all, with the best Gnocchi I have tasted in a while, Alexa helped to create what was a very perfect night out,”
DINERS at Ely’s Prezzo restaurant were able to enjoy the dulcet tones of singer-songwriter Alexa Fouracre on Tuesday night.
Alexa, 22, performed a mixture of her own soulful songs as well as covers from a few of her favourite artists, including Coldplay.
After winning a national competition, organised by Prezzo, Alexa was chosen, along with 10 other artists, from more than 100 hopefuls to perform at various Prezzo outlets across the country.
Prezzo chief executive officer Jonathan Kaye said: “We understood how difficult it can be for unsigned acts to find credible venues to perform at.
You may also want to watch:
“We loved Alexa’s sound and thought it matched our ambience perfectly and look forward to her nationwide tour.”
Personally I couldn’t agree more. Her performance on Tuesday night was a joy. She added to what is already an incredibly warm and welcoming ambience at the Ely restaurant, which has possibly the friendliest and most helpful waiting staff I have come across anywhere.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 4 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Alexa has been playing the piano and violin since the age of seven, singing since the age of 11 and writing her own material since she was 15, which is impressive to say the least. Her most difficult task on Tuesday night, I would suggest, was choosing music that was going to fit with the eating experience and she managed that perfectly. The sound system let her down slightly as it was difficult to hear what she was saying on the mic and we were sitting reasonable close to her. But that said, the music levels were just right as diners were still able to chat and be heard. I hope Alexa does well and that Prezzo continue to support and encourage new artists as, all-in-all, with the best Gnocchi I have tasted in a while, Alexa helped to create what was a very perfect night out.