Glowing praise for Harbour School in Wilburton
- Credit: Archant
THE Harbour School in Wilburton has been rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas by Government inspectors.
The inspectors from Ofsted said headteacher Mary Rayner’s “passionate commitment” to providing the best opportunities for all pupils had led to dramatic improvements at the school.
They also highlighted the quality of teaching, the behaviour of pupils and the contribution made by the governing body.
The report said: “Staff see opportunities, not problems, in the pupils’ difficulties. They discover their talents and help put them on the right path to success”.
“The headteacher’s continual pursuit of excellence has paid dividends and everyone acknowledges how much things have improved. Her hard work, and that of the dedicated staff, has created an environment where pupils feel very safe and secure, and can flourish.
You may also want to watch:
The quality of teaching was described as outstanding. Inspectors said: “Staff are extremely skilled at finding the best ways for pupils to learn. They work on pupils’ strengths and build on their successes.
“The excellent quality of teaching promotes exceptional progress. Staff have very high expectations and the boys respond accordingly,” said inspectors.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
Headteacher Mary Rayner said: “This is a wonderful achievement for staff and pupils at The Harbour and follows our recent residential inspection which also was graded ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
“To say I am proud to lead such a wonderful team would be an understatement. I enjoy every day having the opportunity to work alongside such amazing young people.”