Glowing praise for Harbour School in Wilburton
- Credit: Archant
THE Harbour School in Wilburton has been rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas by Government inspectors.
The inspectors from Ofsted said headteacher Mary Rayner’s “passionate commitment” to providing the best opportunities for all pupils had led to dramatic improvements at the school.
They also highlighted the quality of teaching, the behaviour of pupils and the contribution made by the governing body.
The report said: “Staff see opportunities, not problems, in the pupils’ difficulties. They discover their talents and help put them on the right path to success”.
“The headteacher’s continual pursuit of excellence has paid dividends and everyone acknowledges how much things have improved. Her hard work, and that of the dedicated staff, has created an environment where pupils feel very safe and secure, and can flourish.
The quality of teaching was described as outstanding. Inspectors said: “Staff are extremely skilled at finding the best ways for pupils to learn. They work on pupils’ strengths and build on their successes.
“The excellent quality of teaching promotes exceptional progress. Staff have very high expectations and the boys respond accordingly,” said inspectors.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
Headteacher Mary Rayner said: “This is a wonderful achievement for staff and pupils at The Harbour and follows our recent residential inspection which also was graded ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
“To say I am proud to lead such a wonderful team would be an understatement. I enjoy every day having the opportunity to work alongside such amazing young people.”