Give a little time to help village litter pickers
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Timebank is looking for volunteers to take part in a litter pick around the village.
The event is taking place from 9.30am on Wednesday, February 18, and will start outside St George’s Medical Centre, in Parson’s Lane.
The litter pick is expected to take about two hours and bacon butties and refreshments will be provided after the event at Young People Littleport, in Granby Street.
Caline Easey, Littleport Timebank co-ordinator, said “Litter is a growing problem across the village. We’d love to get volunteers to help out with the litter pick. You don’t need to be a Timebank member, all are welcome, whether you can do all or just some of the two hour litter pick.
“Children are also welcome to help out, as it’s half term, provided they are supervised by an adult and wear appropriate clothing.”
Equipment for the litter pick, including grabbers, bags and gloves, have been provided by East Cambridgeshire District Council and Amey Cespa.
Littleport Timebank was set up in 2012 and is funded by the Cambridge Housing Society.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 3 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
If you would like to help out, please contact Caline on 07702517746 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org