Give a little time to help village litter pickers
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Timebank is looking for volunteers to take part in a litter pick around the village.
The event is taking place from 9.30am on Wednesday, February 18, and will start outside St George’s Medical Centre, in Parson’s Lane.
The litter pick is expected to take about two hours and bacon butties and refreshments will be provided after the event at Young People Littleport, in Granby Street.
Caline Easey, Littleport Timebank co-ordinator, said “Litter is a growing problem across the village. We’d love to get volunteers to help out with the litter pick. You don’t need to be a Timebank member, all are welcome, whether you can do all or just some of the two hour litter pick.
“Children are also welcome to help out, as it’s half term, provided they are supervised by an adult and wear appropriate clothing.”
You may also want to watch:
Equipment for the litter pick, including grabbers, bags and gloves, have been provided by East Cambridgeshire District Council and Amey Cespa.
Littleport Timebank was set up in 2012 and is funded by the Cambridge Housing Society.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
If you would like to help out, please contact Caline on 07702517746 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org