Tributes paid to Ely Rotarian Gillian Brady
- Credit: Archant
Tributes are being paid to an Ely Rotary Club member who has died peacefully at home.
Gillian Brady, a member of the club for the past 12 years, died surrounded by her family on June 29 and was cremated at Fenway Crematorium on July 27.
Preceding this, a sung Requiem Mass was said at a packed St Etheldreda’s RC Church in Ely.
The reception was held at their home in Witcham.
Gillian was a valued member of Rotary, and her skills are described as many. In 2007 she designed all the publicity material for the first band show, depicting a graceful lady in a flowing red dress, the hallmark for many a design in the following years.
One of her highlights was a production of “Dickens Night”, in November 2012, where she produced a full-size model of a village street of Dickensian shops, and acted in the proceedings too.
She was also popular with her raffles, often selling more tickets than anyone else. Her attributes go on and on. She will be sorely missed.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Before joining Rotary she was a member of the ladies’ Inner Wheel, where she served as president for a year and is described by those who know here as a lady of many talents.