Tributes paid to Ely Rotarian Gillian Brady
- Credit: Archant
Tributes are being paid to an Ely Rotary Club member who has died peacefully at home.
Gillian Brady, a member of the club for the past 12 years, died surrounded by her family on June 29 and was cremated at Fenway Crematorium on July 27.
Preceding this, a sung Requiem Mass was said at a packed St Etheldreda’s RC Church in Ely.
The reception was held at their home in Witcham.
Gillian was a valued member of Rotary, and her skills are described as many. In 2007 she designed all the publicity material for the first band show, depicting a graceful lady in a flowing red dress, the hallmark for many a design in the following years.
You may also want to watch:
One of her highlights was a production of “Dickens Night”, in November 2012, where she produced a full-size model of a village street of Dickensian shops, and acted in the proceedings too.
She was also popular with her raffles, often selling more tickets than anyone else. Her attributes go on and on. She will be sorely missed.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
Before joining Rotary she was a member of the ladies’ Inner Wheel, where she served as president for a year and is described by those who know here as a lady of many talents.