Tributes paid to Ely Rotarian Gillian Brady
- Credit: Archant
Tributes are being paid to an Ely Rotary Club member who has died peacefully at home.
Gillian Brady, a member of the club for the past 12 years, died surrounded by her family on June 29 and was cremated at Fenway Crematorium on July 27.
Preceding this, a sung Requiem Mass was said at a packed St Etheldreda’s RC Church in Ely.
The reception was held at their home in Witcham.
Gillian was a valued member of Rotary, and her skills are described as many. In 2007 she designed all the publicity material for the first band show, depicting a graceful lady in a flowing red dress, the hallmark for many a design in the following years.
You may also want to watch:
One of her highlights was a production of “Dickens Night”, in November 2012, where she produced a full-size model of a village street of Dickensian shops, and acted in the proceedings too.
She was also popular with her raffles, often selling more tickets than anyone else. Her attributes go on and on. She will be sorely missed.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Before joining Rotary she was a member of the ladies’ Inner Wheel, where she served as president for a year and is described by those who know here as a lady of many talents.