GETTING TO KNOW YOU: Rick Pridmore
- Credit: Archant
Who are you?
Rick Pridmore. Founder and owner of leading local security firm, RGP Security Services Ltd based in Ely which has traded since 2012 and continues to grow regionally.
What do you do?
Managing Director of RGP Security, and instructor of Ninjutsu dojo/club in Ely.
Why would people know you?
Being a local business owner, dojo owner and have lived in Ely for about 25 years
Give us at least five pet hates.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Greed. Long queues. People I know and respect being taken for granted. Poor food in restaurants, (I have been notorious for returning food too often), Tele-marketers .
Is it time for Britain to abolish the Royal Family?
Proud to be British, and good to be a part of a sovereign nation with a wealth of history.
Brexit – in or out?
I’m on the fence with this, weighing up the pros and cons, it is difficult to decide, however my attitude is we adapt to whatever decision the powers that be make and continue onwards in making the best we can out of life for ourselves and others.
Fruit tinned or fresh?
What is your favourite thing about East Cambridgeshire?
I would say the opportunities, since leaving the Midlands to move down here, I have developed the businesses with a great group of clients amd friends, and made a comfortable life this way, although I would never deny my northern routes, but the move was the most positive thing I did.
Which TV programme has you reaching for the off button?
I rarely watch TV but any soap.
If you won £5,000 what would you spend it on?
I would probably put it towards a dream cruise I’ve been talking about since 1972.
Place you would never want to return to and why?
There is a hotel in King’s Lynn a few years ago I stayed. Not that I believe in ghosts, it was pretty eerie and purported to be haunted, I experienced some unexplained occurrences, enough not to return in a hurry.
An Asian actor/martial arts actor in the 80s called Sho Kosugi. When I was child, I always admired Bruce Lee, then when the ninja boom took off in the 80s with the old classical films starring Kosugi, this was my inspiration to look into this mysterious and little known art further.
Your claim to fame.
It would have to be when RGP Security covered the main security at 2013 Kensington Palace Winter Whites Gala event, and though being professional at all times, was great to rub shoulders and chat in the green room with the likes of Jonathon Ross, Taylor Swift, Jon Bon Jovi and Diversity.
Biggest regret in life or biggest achievement?
Japan 2011 when I was proud to pass the coveted official shidoshi (official Ninjutsu teaching licence) test which was assessed by the Japanese Grandmaster. A milestone in my life.
What character would dress as for a fancy dress party?
I think it would be so predictable turning up as a ninja, therefore I’d attend as a hobbit.